Saturday, September 16, 2006

SOME MASONIC THOUGHTS



TEN REASONS TO BECOME A MASON

1. Masonry is a place where you can confidently trust every person, entrust your family with them.
6. Masonry is a place you can go to give support as well as seek it.
2. Masonry is a place where, within moral and civil guidelines; free thought, free speaking and the spiritual growth of man can grow into its fullest potential.
7. Masonry is a place where moral virtues are taught and through these teachings a regular reinforcement of the moral virtues is experienced.
3. Masonry is a place, which provides the opportunity to meet, know, and call brother, outstanding individuals from all walks of life that, I would not otherwise have met.
8. Masonry is a place to spend time with a group of brothers, who by acting as good men make me want to become a better man. Not better than others, but better than I would have otherwise been.
4. Masonry is a place to be a part of an organization that has for its principle tenets- Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth.
9. Masonry is a place to become better prepared to serve church and community.
5. Masonry is a place that provides self-development opportunities, leadership training and experience, and to improve public speaking skills.
10. Masonry is a place to meet with established members of the community and to become a part of the community.

A MASON

A Mason is a man who professes a faith in God. As a man of faith, he uses the tools of moral and ethical truths to serve mankind.A Mason binds himself to like-minded men in a Brotherhood that transcends all religious, ethnic, social, cultural, and educational differences.In fellowship with his Brothers, a Mason finds ways in which to serve his God, his family, his fellowman, and his country.A Mason is dedicated. He recognizes his responsibility for justice, truth, charity, enlightenment, freedom and liberty, honesty and integrity in all aspects of human endeavor.A Mason is such a man.


My Masonic Membership Card

I hold in my hand a little scrap of paper 2 ½ X 3 ½ inches in size. It is on no intrinsic worth, not a bond and not a check or receipt for valuables, yet it is my most priceless possession. It is my membership in a Masonic Lodge. It tells me that I have entered into a spiritual kinship with my fellow Masons to practice charity in word and deed: to forgive and forget the faults of my brethren, to hush the tongues of scandal and innuendo, to care for the crippled, the hungry, and the sick, and to be fair and just to all mankind.

It tells me that no matter where I may travel in the world, I am welcome to visit a place where good fellowship prevails among brothers and friends. It tells me that my loved ones, my home, and my household are under the protection of every member of this great Fraternity who have sworn to protect and defend mine, as I have sworn to protect and defend theirs. It tells me that should I ever be overtaken by adversity or misfortune through no fault of my own, the hands of every Mason on the face of the earth will be stretched forth to assist me in my necessities.

And finally it tells me that when my final exit from the stage of life has been made, there will be gathered around my lifeless body friends and brothers who will recall to mind my virtues, though they be but few, and will forget my faults, though they may be many. It tells me that, and a great deal more, this little card, and makes me proud, yet humble, that I can posses this passport into a society of friends and brothers that are numbered in the millions.

LONG ISLAND MASONS

1 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

The listed reasons you gave are the reasons I enjoy being a mason. I know that no matter where I may travel, I can always find a brother. I really like your blog. Keep up the good work.

Chad Clark, Past WM
Floresville, TX
Floresville AF & AM #515

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home